[please do not remove the read-more link! reblogs of this post should preserve it so readers are redirected here, where they will always get the most up to date version]
januar 2013 note: i am not currently playing the sims, but will keep updating this list with any hair recs brought to my attention. please send links if you have them!
i haven’t seen a resource list like this, so hopefully this will be useful if you’re wanting to put afro, dreadlock or braids on your black and mixed sims.
apologies in advance for a lot of these obviously afro styles being shown on white sims, i’m just using the pics the creators supplied.
these are all the hairs i could find search for things like dreads, dreadlocks, locks, braids, afro, ethnic hair. and can i just pre-emptively say, it might seem like there is “a lot” on offer here; but the amount pales in comparison to how many non-afro hairs are on offer (literally thousands), and regularly being created. meanwhile, every request for afro hair, especially requests for afro ts2 meshes to be converted, get hijacked by people looking for hair that is basically the same as what’s already on offer three times over.
all hairs are free unless shown otherwise by ($$$)
if you have more to contribute, please send me a link!
- RAIN CANDY AFRO PUFFS FOR SIMS 3; CONVERSION BY NEXTOR_TORRES (free registration required) [direct download]
- Africa Inspiration: Close Curls Hairstyle (official store, $$$)
- Mini-‘Fro, Daddy-O (official store, $$$)
- Le Cirque Nouveau- Wild Fire Hairstyle (official store, $$$)
- drown like you - nouk dreads converted for ts3 (male and female)
- SIMS 2 DREADS FOR SIMS 3; CONVERSION WITHOUT HEADBAND (free registration required) [direct download]
- Sims 2 Basegame Dreads for Men Teen to Elder (free registration required)
- Africa Inspiration: Feathers and Braids (official store, $$$)
- Africa Inspired: City Side Braids (official store, $$$)
- Base game box braids for all ages/genders (free registration required)
- Braided, Bundled and Beaded (official store, $$$)
- Africa Inspiration: Modern Braids (official store, $$$)
- Unadorned: 12 Accessory-free, Inspiration Set Hairs (you have to have the equivalent hairs from the sims official store for these to work)
- Africa Inspiration: Scarf Wrap Hairstyle (official store, $$$)